- SecondBite is a Not-for-Profit, Special Purposes, Public Company Limited by Guarantee.
- We have Public Benevolent Institution status and Income Tax Exempt Charity and Deductible Gift Recipient endorsements from the ATO.
- The organisation is subject to a Constitution, lodged with ACNC, and is governed by a Board of up to ten directors with a range of relevant backgrounds and skills.
- Each director is bound by the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) and general law duties and obligations imposed on the director in relation to any conflicts of interest.
- The Board sets overall policy and determines the direction for the future development of SecondBite.
- Specific oversight responsibilities such as audit and finance, marketing and public relations, volunteers and logistics, fundraising, relationships and stewardship of donors and governance are allocated to individual directors, who report back to the Board.
- Directors participate annually in a Board Effectiveness Review.
- The Board is responsible for the appointment of the CEO. The Chairman undertakes regular performance reviews of the CEO.
- Board meetings are held at least quarterly.
- The financial accounts are independently audited by a qualified chartered accountant and are lodged with ACNC.
- SecondBite adheres strictly to food safety laws and protocols and all relevant Commonwealth, State and local laws.
- We are an equal opportunity employer.
- SecondBite employees, in good faith, are free to alert the CEO and the Board to potential misconduct without fear of retribution.
- The constitution requires a five-yearly independent governance review to be carried out.
The SecondBite Annual Reports can be downloaded here.